Pilot Plant Services of Iran Mineral Processing Research Center (IMPRC)
- Establish flowsheet viability. This is especially important for complex deposits, those utilizing new or unusual technologies or projects that are located in high-risk areas.
- Demonstrate continuous integrated operation to stakeholders
- Evaluate the impact of local water supply
- Develop a water balance
- Quantify the impact of ore variability
- Produce byproducts for specialized testing (e.g. environmental assessments)
- Generate bulk samples for market evaluation
- Training course for mineral processing plant staff
Pilot testing is the best way to:
- Prove critical components of a metallurgical flowsheet
- Establish the viability of new equipment or technology
- Verify the ability to meet environmental requirements
- Minimize technical, environmental, operational and commercial risk
Pilot plants can have a significant impact on the metallurgical success of your project, provided they are well planned and operated properly. IMPRC has the complex and integrated infrastructure including experienced professionals and a comprehensive equipment inventory that is required to provide you with an effective pilot plant.
Equipment in the pilot of Iran Mineral Processing Research Center (IMPRC)
- Crushing equipment, including jaw crusher, cone crusher, impact crusher, rolls crusher and etc.
- Grinding mills include ball mill, rod Mill and Semi-autogenous (SAG) mill
- Steel and Polyethylene Tanks
- Low, Medium and high-intensity magnetic separator (wet and dry)
- Magnetic Disc Separators (MDS)
- Plate & Screen Electrostatic Separators
- Various types of shaking tables, spirals, Dense-Heavy Medium Separation HMS / DMS, Ericsson Cone Separator, Nelson separator and etc.
- Various Types of Hydrocyclones
- Different Types of flotation cells, smart and Denver
- Column leaching, atmospheric leaching, solvent extraction, and electrowinning equipment
- Dewatering equipment: Thickeners and filters
- DMS and grinding mobile plants
Pilot plant testing is applied to demonstrate and confirm that the flowsheet developed at the bench is viable. The pilot of the Mineral Processing Research Center (IMPRC) is unique in the Middle East in terms of quantity and quality of mineral processing equipment and has the ability to run all mineral processing processes continuously. These processes range from sample preparation and crushing to final concentrate production. Pilot plants are performed at a variety of scales, typically ranging from 100 kg/hr to 2 tonnes/hr.
For new projects, In addition to investigating and validating laboratory results, and produces market samples of the final product that can be expected, thus reducing technical risk. Piloting also generates metallurgical data that can be used to design the full-scale plant, thus reducing design and capital risk.
Existing operations can also be simulated at the pilot-scale to evaluate new equipment or technology, assess the impact of different ore types or troubleshoot problems without interrupting production at the main plant.
Our professional experts have the expertise to perform a range of pilot plant activities:
- Investigation and confirmation laboratory flowsheet in the pilot and demonstration of operational viability for stakeholders
- Bulk sample preparation to evaluate the market
- Production of concentrate for small scale mine
- Mini bulk / DMS plant operation