Environmental &Occupational Health Laboratory has been created in order to investigate environmental pollutants and harmful factors of work environment in mines and mining industries.
The important Capabilities and Areas of Activity are as follows:
- Identification and control of physical and chemical parameter in water and wastewater
Measures of drinking water pollution in accordance with National Standard 1053 Iran (ISIRI).
- Chemical assay of metals in water, soil and air at mines and mineral processing industries ,ability to measure about 40 such elements: Hg,Na,K,As,Sb,Ag,Zn,Pb,Cd,Co,V,Ni,Mn,Mo,Ti,…
- Identification and measuring of Volatile organic compounds such as THM , BTEX , MTBE, HAA in water
-Identification and measuring of semi-volatile organic compounds such as total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH), polycyclic aromatic compounds (PAH), organophosphorus pesticides (OP), organochlorine pesticide (OC), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), etc in water,wastewater,soil,air. Using advanced equipment such as gas chromatography devices with detectors: MS, ECD, NPD, FID. -Analysis of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB ) in transformer oil.- Measuring of anions such as cyanid,SO4,PO4,NO3,Br,Cl ,.. in water,soil and air by IC.
- -Monitoring of environmental pollutants in the air, soil and industrial wastewater.
- -Monitoring and analysis the chemical and physical factors of the workplace hazards
Environmental & Occupational Health Division Units
- The Water and Wastewater Laboratory is equipped with incubators, autoclaves, spectrophotometers, turbidity meters, BOD and COD meters, PH meter, HACH ,..
- Chromatography Laboratory is equipped with HPLC, GC-MS, GC-FID, GC-ECD,ICP,FT-IR, IC.
- Air Laboratory with equipment such as sampling pump , combustion gas measuring, sound level measuring , dust concentration measuring, portabl gas analyser,..
- Occupational Health Laboratory has Microthermheat stress-WBGT, sound level meter, noise dosimeter, personal sampling pump, air sampling pump Hi-Vol, gas sampling pump, Lux Meter, detectors, sorbent tubes.